Saturday, October 8, 2011

Review of My Soul To Take (Soul Screamers #1) by Rachel Vincent

 





She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next.(copied from Goodreads)

My Review

I have been hearing a lot about the Soul Screamer series, so decided it was time to start this series. After reading the first book in this series, I am hooked. Kaylee Cavanaugh is a young girl, who just wants to have fun with her best friend, Emma, when she begins to have a “panic attack.” She sees a young girl, who is about to die, and she has this uncontrollable need to scream. Her worse fear happens when she has one of her attacks right in front of the hottest guy in school, Nash Hudson.

When Kaylee discovers her prediction has come true, Nash wants to help her discover the reason behind her predictions. A problem arises when young girls start dropping dead for no reason, and Kaylee is the only one who knows when it will happen again. They enlist the help of a reaper, Tod, to help them figure out, if these girls are supposed to be dying. The Soul Screamer series is off to a great start.

I really like this book, because it makes you fall in love with the characters. You really start to feel for Kaylee as the novel continues. The way this book is written, you can never predict the end of the book. It makes reading it a joy. I love the relationship between Kaylee and Nash. The book is a combination of a mystery novel, a romance novel, and it has elements of paranormal. As a fan of mysteries, and paranormal romances, the Soul Screamer series is my ultimate combination in one.

I would recommend any mystery fans, and especially paranormal romance fans check this series out. Soul Screamers really offers something for any young adult fan. The well-written character development has you feeling what Kaylee feels within a few passages. I am excited to start the second book in the Soul Screamers series, My Soul to Save.
  • Paperback: 384 pages
  • Publisher: Harlequin Teen
  • Publication Date: August 1, 2009
  • Language: English
**Unabridged Bookshelf borrowed this book from the local public library**

Buy My Soul To Take:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved this book! I have book 2, but haven't read it yet. Crazy, huh?! I'm glad you enjoyed My Soul to Take. Great review!

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate every comment, so thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made my day :)