Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Ten by Gretchen McNeil



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!
Make sure to share the title and the author so other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their to be read piles.

This week's teaser comes from:

Ten
Title: Ten
Author: Gretchen McNeil
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication Date: September 18, 2012
Age Group: Young Adult
Number of Pages: 294 Pages
Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Book Depository


SHHHH!
Don't spread the word!
Three-day weekend. House party.
White Rock House on Henry Island.
You do NOT want to miss it.
It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.
But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.
Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?

TEASER 1:
"It wasn't a question and T.J. didn't respond. The unspoken "why" lingered in the air between them, but Meg was afraid to ask. Afraid of the answer."
Page 124

Teaser 2:
She should have put the journal down.
Instead, she turned the page.
Page 142

Ten is so creepy and wonderful at the same time. It has that feeling of a teen horror movie, and I could really see it play out in my head.
I have not done a Teaser Tuesday in months, but I think that I will be starting them back up so I can share teasers from my current reads!
If you want to share a teaser with me, just leave me a link in the comments!

Thank you for stopping by Unabridged Bookshelf!

10 comments:

Kara said...

Why is the heroines never do what they should? :D Nice teaser!

Here's mine: http://flowersofquiethappiness.blogspot.com/2012/11/teaser-tuesdays-til-grits-do-us-part.html

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

I like teaser #2 - they are gonna read something they shouldn't!
Here's my teaser: I Love Dan Brown

Karen and Gerard said...

I like the second teaser too--who could resist once they start?

Here's our 4 for you: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/11/tuesday-teasers.html:

Unknown said...

Those are great teasers! Ten sounds wonderful. I still need to read my copy. thanks for sharing!

Blogger10 said...

Great teasers! I really need to read this one, considering that one of my favorite movies in high school was I Know What You Did Last Summer. LOL.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Great teasers, i really enjoyed this book and hope you do too:)

Anonymous said...

Exciting teasers!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/11/teaser-tuesday_13.html

Dani @ Refracted Light said...

Put that journal down! *sigh*... I love that this book is based on And Then There Were None, which I read so long ago that I don't remember much about it except for that it was deliciously creepy. :) Great teasers!

Our Teasers

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Why do heroines always go down into the basement, open the door into the dark room, or (in this case) turn the page ... when they know they shouldn't?? I guess if they didn't, thrillers wouldn't be thrilling!
My teaser is from THREE MOONS OVER SEDONA.

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

I'm very curious about this book and the teasers even made me more excited!

Mel@thedailyprophecy.

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate every comment, so thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made my day :)