Sunday, June 17, 2012

Novella Review: Never to Sleep (Soul Screamers #5.5) by Rachel Vincent

Never to Sleep (Soul Screamers, #5.5)Title: Never to Sleep
Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: Soul Screamers #5.5
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: January 1, 2012
Pages: 61 Pages

BUY NEVER TO SLEEP


Don't Close Your Eyes.
Sophie Cavanaugh is not going to let her freak of a cousin's strange psychiatric condition ruin high school for them both. Not after all the work she's put into cultivating the right look, and friends, and reputation. But then, Sophie sees something so frightening she lets out a blood-curdling scream—and finds herself stuck in a bizarre parallel world where nothing is safe and deadly creatures lurk just out of sight, waiting for her to close her eyes and sleep...forever.
Could this world be real? Or does insanity run in the family...?

MY REVIEW 
Never to Sleep is a novella of the Soul Screamer Series by Rachel Vincent. Never to Sleep takes place during If I Die, and it is told from Sophie Cavanaugh’s point-of-view. Since it does take place during If I Die, it is best read after reading If I Die. If this novella, we get a better view point of Sophie. While I still think Sophie is an egotistical little brat, I have to admit she surprised me in Never to Sleep. The most important event in Never to Sleep is that fact that we meet a new character, Luca. Luca is the new boy at school, and he happens to run into Sophie.

Luca is a curious character, and I am very interested to see the part he is going to play in Before I Wake. With the short length of Never to Sleep, there is not more than a glimpse into his purpose or character. I also am curious to see what is in store for Sophie in Before I Wake, and if maybe, she will stop being so nasty to Kaylee. There are also some other developments, that I need to have answered or explained in Before I Wake. Any Soul Screamer fan waiting for Before I Wake should pick up Never to Sleep. 
**Unabridged Bookshelf purchased this book**

How excited are you for Before I Wake?

Thank you for stopping by Unabridged Bookshelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate every comment, so thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made my day :)