Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Witchstruck


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!
Make sure to share the title and the author so other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their to be read piles.

My teaser this week comes from:
Witchstruck
Title: Witchstruck
Author: Victoria Lamb
Series: The Tudor Witch Trilogy #1
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: September 24, 2013
Length: 320 Pages

If she sink, she be no witch and shall be drowned. If she float, she be a witch and must be hanged. 
Meg Lytton has always known she is different;that she bears a dark and powerful gift. But in 1554 England, in service at Woodstock Palace to the banished Tudor princess Elizabeth, it has never been more dangerous to practice witchcraft. Meg knows she must guard her secret carefully from the many suspicious eyes watching over the princess and her companions. One wrong move could mean her life, and the life of Elizabeth, rightful heir to the English throne. With witchfinder Marcus Dent determined to have Meg's hand in marriage, and Meg's own family conspiring against the English queen, there isn't a single person Meg can trust. Certainly not the enigmatic young Spanish priest Alejandro de Castillo, despite her undeniable feelings. But when all the world turns against her, Meg must open her heart to a dangerous choice. The Secret Circle meets The Other Boleyn Girl in Witchstruck ,the first book of the magical Tudor Witch trilogy.

Teaser
Someone I could trust and confide in. My heart felt as though it had swollen in my chest to twice or three times its normal size and was pushing now against my ribs with a deep aching hurt that almost stopped me breathing. Kindle Location 1724

What are you currently reading?
Leave me a link so I can read your teaser.

Thank you for stopping by Unabridged Bookshelf

4 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

Ellie @ Ellie Reads All the Books said...

I am not a big reader of paranormal, but I like your teaser. Thanks for sharing!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Great description in your Teaser.
My Teaser is from AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful teaser! I hope you're enjoying this, Chandra. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate every comment, so thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made my day :)