Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Tooth and Nail


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!
Make sure to share the title and the author so other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their to be read piles.

This Weeks Teaser:

Title: Tooth and Nail
Author: Jennifer Safrey
Publisher: Night Shade Books
Publication Date: February 7, 2012






GOODREADS SUMMARY:
Gemma Fae Cross, a tough-girl amateur boxer whose fiance is running for congress, has just made a startling discovery about herself. She is half faerie - and not just any faerie, but a tooth faerie A hybrid of fae and human, Gemma is destined to defend the Olde Way and protect the fae - who are incapable of committing violence - from threats to their peaceful and idyllic way of life, which must be maintained by distilling innocence collected from children''s baby teeth. But when a threat to the fae mission emerges, Gemma is called upon to protect her heritage, and become a legendary fae warrior... even if it means sacrificing everything she knows about being human

Teaser 1:
"Mom." I took a deep breath. "This isn't going to be a 'Luke, I am your father' moment, is it? I'm not--" I swallowed--"his daughter?"
Kindle Location 2792

Teaser 2:
"Just FYI, I plan to retire at sixty-five," I told her, "so don't make any long-term plans for me."
Kindle Location 2912
**THESE QUOTES COME FROM AN UNCORRECTED ARC**



Thank you for stopping by Unabridged Bookshelf
Leave me a link to your teasers, so I can check them out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great teasers! :)
My Tuesday Memes post

Unknown said...

Is she his daughter. Inquiring minds want to know.

http://polliwogblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday_14.html

Unknown said...

Sounds good! I'm adding it to my list...here is my TT http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday.html

Unknown said...

Nice teasers! I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds great. Thanks for sharing!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I love both these teasers. Thanks for posting the synopsis. This sounds like a terrific book.
I hope you enjoy my Teaser too: http://iousex.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday-feb-14.html

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate every comment, so thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made my day :)