Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Splintered



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we cannot wait to get our hands on.

I am waiting on:

Splintered
Title: Splintered
Author: A. G. Howard
Publisher: Amulet Books
Publication Date: January 1, 2012

This stunning debut captures the grotesque madness of a mystical under-land, as well as a girl’s pangs of first love and independence. Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now.
When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.

I first became interested in this book when I heard the synopsis, and then I saw the cover revealed. I love all the little bugs, and flowers all over the cover. I really want to see where A. G. Howard takes this twist on Alice in Wonderland. 

What are you waiting on?
Let me know in the comments or leave me a link so I can come check it out!

Thank you for visiting Unabridged Bookshelf!

9 comments:

Rywn said...

Oooh I think this is on my to-read shelf already - I was definitely eager for it as well. I like the twist that this isn't quite Alice, but it's still Wonderland as we know it.

Great great pick! Rywn @ Book Brats

Jenea Whittington said...

This is definitely on my TBR. It sounds so great. Nice choice...

Jenea @ Books Live Forever
http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3841

Tammy Sparks said...

OOh, we're waiting on the same thing:) Great choice.

Here's my WOW.

Adriana C said...

I can´t wait to read Splintered, the story sounds really good and I love the cover.
Here is My WOW

Tanya Patrice said...

Ooh that sounds like one I might like too. And love the cover.

Tanya Patrice
Girlxoxo.com

Judith-Pamela Ayimma said...

I have this book on pre-order! It looks too good to pass up :D

Martina Koleva said...

I've seen this one a lot and it sounds great. I would love to give it a try when it comes out. Great pick!
Come check out my WOW post.

Dani Chapman said...

Great pick for this week! Thanks for spotlighting it! Please check out my WoW!

Andrea @The Bookish Babes said...

Nice pick! Splintered seems like a good story and the cover is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate every comment, so thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made my day :)