Friday, January 13, 2012

Review: Blood Bound (Unbound #1) by Rachel Vincent

Title: Blood Bound
Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: Unbound #1
Publisher: Mira
Publication Date: August 23, 2011


BUY BLOOD BOUND


Bound by blood, condemned by fate 
As a bloodtracker, Liv is extremely powerful. And in a world where power is a commodity that can get you killed, Liv's learnt to survive by her own rules.
Rule number one? Trust no one.
But when a friend's daughter goes missing, Liv is bound by a potent magical oath. She can't rest until the child is safe.
And that means trusting her dangerous ex, Cam.
A sinister prophecy tells that she and Cam will be the death of each other, yet Liv's tired of being a slave to destiny. She's ready to play the forces controlling her world at their own game.
No matter what the cost. (Copied from Goodreads)

My Review 

I do not know what I expected, when I started Blood Bound, but what I got was an amazing experience! I have to say that Rachel Vincent is a talented author, who creates these believable and extensive worlds with her words. This story starts with Liv giving you a viewpoint into her life, and then you are introduced to her ex-boyfriend Cam Caballero. In this world both Liv and Cam are Skilled, giving them supernatural ability of sorts. Liv is a tracker, who is extremely talented with blood tracking. She is able to find a person from a single drop of blood, which is dangerous for anyone who wants to stay hidden. Cam is also a tracker, but he is a name tracker. This is why it is highly dangerous to leave even the tiniest of blood samples, or let anyone know your full name, especially if you are Skilled.

Bound by a powerful oath to her four best friends, Liv is forced to help her friend find out who is targeting her little girl. This is not going to be easy, because it is forcing her to work with her ex-boyfriend Cam. The problem is neither one of them is over the other one, but they cannot be together either. Blood Bound is a novel full of complicated twists and turns, while still being easy to follow. The world of Blood Bound is complicated, but very well developed. Rachel Vincent does something that I find so astounding, she creates these complex worlds and stories, but they never feel confusing to the reader.

I love Blood Bound; it is just an amazing rollercoaster ride of emotion and excitement. I love the strength and attitude of Liv, and Cam is not too bad himself. Blood Bound switches between the viewpoints of Liv and Cam. While this could make the novel confusing, I feel like it connects the reader so much more to the story. You get the insight into the feelings of both characters, and it makes you feel for both of them. There are just so many amazing things about this book, and I will never be able to express them all.

 Any fan of Rachel’s other works will love this one, and anyone who is a fan of Urban Fantasy should pick this one up!! Blood Bound is an addicting read, and I cannot wait to read the Shadow Bound, which I am sure is just as a addicting.

**Unabridged Bookshelf borrowed this book from the local library**

2 comments:

Lisa (Reading to the Moon) said...

Great review. I really like the Soul Screamers series so I'll be checking this one out too!

Unknown said...

I’m a writer, book lover, and your newest blog follower! My blog is Life of Lois Feel free to stop on by.
Lois

P.S. It’s me who just sent you book request. :)

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate every comment, so thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made my day :)