Saturday, January 28, 2012

Review: My Soul To Lose(Soul Screamers #0.5) by Rachel Vincent

Soul Screamers Reading Challenge


Title: My Soul to Lose
Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: Soul Screamers
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: July 1, 2009


My Soul to Lose is currently FREE on Audible


It was supposed to be a fun day, shopping at the mall with her best friend. Then the panic attack started and Kaylee Cavanaugh finds herself screaming, unable to stop. Her secret fears are exposed and it's the worst day of her life.
Until she wakes up in the psychiatric unit.
She tries to convince everyone she's fine--despite the shadows she sees forming around another patient and the urge to scream which comes burbling up again and again. Everyone thinks she's crazy. Everyone except Lydia, that is. Another patient with some special abilities....(Copied from Goodreads)

My Review
My Soul to Lose by Rachel Vincent is the prequel novella to the Soul Screamers series. This novella starts with Kaylee just having fun with her best friend Emma at the mall, looking for dresses for the homecoming dance. When Kaylee suddenly feels one of her panic attacks starting to come on, she hopes to avoid a public meltdown. When she fails to avoid the source of her panic attack, she begins to scream uncontrollably in the middle of the mall. When she cannot stop screaming, she is sedated and wakes up in the psychiatric unit at the local hospital.

I have read the first three books in the Soul Screamers series, and then I heard about the Soul Screamer Challenge put on by Fiktshun. I decided it would be fun to start over and read all the novellas along the way. I am really glad I did after read My Soul to Lose for the first time. If you have read even the first book in the Soul Screamers series, there are little things to notice in the novella. It is kind of fun, because it almost like a private joke for someone who has already been introduced to Soul Screamers. I hope that re-reading the books and reading the novellas will open my eyes to things I did not notice before.

My Soul to Lose is a super fast, but awesome read. It is a great start to an amazing series. I am curious about Lydia, and I do not know if she ever returns in future books. I cannot wait to read all the books and find out. Even if you have already read the Soul Screamers, My Soul to Lose is a must read for any fan. 

**Unabridged Bookshelf purchased this book**

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate every comment, so thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made my day :)