Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Reading Challenges

THE MORGANVILLE VAMPIRES READING CHALLENGE

morganville vampires reading challenge 2012
I love the Morganville Vampire series, I needed an excuse to re-read them all and here it is! The Morganville Vampires Reading Challenge hosted by Ink and Paper

This Challenge runs from January 1st to December 31st, 2012

Levels
There are levels! Pick the one you would like to complete. The levels are characters from the books in the order of their creepiness! So who are you going to be?

Sam Glass: Books 1-3
Oliver: Books 1-6
Amelie: Books 1-9
Myrnin: Books 1-13

And a final level for those hardcore fans...

Bishop: Books 1-13, plus all short stories (in anthologies or otherwise).

I am signing up for Myrnin, as much as I would like to sign up for Bishop some of the stories required are only available in the UK versions, and It would be far too time consuming to track them all down. I think I will enjoy re-reading the first 10 books, and reading 11-13 for the first time for this challenge. 



THE WITCHES AND WITCHCRAFT READING CHALLENGE
I really like witchy books, but I have not really been reading any lately. This Challege is hosted by Melissa at Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf, and I figured this would be a great way to remind myself to read a witchy book every once and a while. 


The Levels:

Initiate:  Read 1 - 5 Witchy Books
Maiden:  Read 6 - 10 Witchy Books
Mother:  Read 11 - 15 Witchy Books
Crone:  Read 16 - 20 Witchy Books

I choose Maiden, because reading  6-10 Witch books comes out to one every other month.


THE E-BOOK CHALLENGE
This challenge is hosted by Workaday Reads, and I thought it would be a great excuse to put my Kindle to use.

Levels:
Floppy disk - 5 ebooks
CD - 10 ebooks
DVD - 25 ebooks
Memory stick - 50 ebooks
Hard drive - 75 ebooks
Server - 100 ebooks
Human brain - 150 ebooks

I am choose Memory Stick, because I love me Kindle and I can guess at least half of my books this year will be in eBook format.

THE HARRY POTTER READING CHALLENGE


This challenge hosted by The Reading Fever is to re-read all seven of the Harry Potter Books! I jumped at the chance to re-enter the world of Harry Potter, especially now that the movies are finished.

4 comments:

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

So glad that you are joining my Witches & Witchcraft challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Reading! Love the re-read challenges. Although I swore I was only going to take part in a couple of challenges this year....these are tempting!

Jo said...

Thanks for signing up to the Morganville Vampires Reading Challenge 2012! Good luck! :D

Aishah Waheed said...

Seems like your a fan of the Morganville Vampires as well like me!! :) Just thought you'd like to know about my blog and probably be interested in joining as its all about Morganville Vampires!!! Heres the link and by the way it's new..... www.morganvillevampirestexas.blogspot.com ... ...hope you join and enjoy!!

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate every comment, so thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made my day :)