Thursday, January 5, 2012

Review: Hollowmen (The Hollows #2) by Amanda Hocking

Title: Hollowmen
Author: Amanda Hocking
Series: The Hollows #2
Publication Date: November 29, 2011


Buy Hollowmen Now
Amazon | Barnes and Noble 


Get The First Book, 
Hollowland For FREE
Kindle | Smashwords

the sequel to Hollowland.... 
After six months in the quarantine, Remy finds out things are much worse than she feared. Her plans to escape come with a heavy cost, and she realizes that zombies aren't the worst of her problems.(copied for Goodreads)

My Review



Hollowmen by Amanda Hocking picks up six months from the end of the first book, Hollowland. During that time, Remy has endured horrible lab experiments to find out why she is immune to the lyssa or zombie virus. The first chapter is lightly graphic, and depicts exactly the horrors Remy has faced. During one such occasion, the alarm sounds, and Remy is left to fend for herself. She discovers the quarantine has been compromised for a while, and the only safe thing to do is to travel north.

Remy convinces the group to go after her brother to the compound, but off course things happen along the way. A few old characters do show up or make a small appearance, but mostly besides Remy, it is a new cast of characters. While I have heard some readers were upset, by events or missing characters, I thought it made a far more realistic zombie novel. Without giving too much away, during a zombie apocalypse, no one is safe, and things will happen. People will seek their safety over anyone else’s, some will be bitten, and some will just move on. This novel does feature some of the evil that happens with a human society trying to survive.

I absolutely loved Hollowland; it is the book that turned me into an Amanda Hocking fan. I have to say while Hollowmen is a bit different I still loved it! I hope that Amanda will write a third book to the Hollows, but she is incredibly busy and it will probably be years. That is ok though, I will fill the void with the re-publishing of the Trylle Trilogy, and her new series about Sirens, the Watersong series, coming in August.

Remy is even more amazing in this novel, she does seem a bit more distant in this novel at the beginning. I think that is because of the horrors she endure. She does warm up, and I remember why I loved her character so much. I also loved the new character Boden, who is just amazing. I Loved Hollowmen, and for those who have not read the first one, it is currently FREE on Kindle, Nook, iBooks, and any eBook format at Smashwords. It is also free at Amazon Kindle Store! Seriously, do yourself a favor and read this amazing book, and then pick up Hollowmen for an amazing sequel!!

**Unabridged Bookshelf purchased this book**

2 comments:

Kristan said...

I'm so excited to read this book. I also fell in love with Amanda Hocking's writing after reading Hollowland. Its one of my most favorite zombie reads ever. If there were ever an outbreak, Remy would be the first person I'd want to team up with.

I have got to buy this book now. Thanks for the review!

Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

Unknown said...

Ive heard so many positive reviews about this series. I still haven't read the 1st book. I have to admit that I am not a huge zombie fan, but I do plan to read this.
Great review!

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate every comment, so thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made my day :)