Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Ashen Winter


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we cannot wait to get our hands on.
I am waiting on:


Title: Ashen Winter
Author: Mike Mullin
Series: Ashfall #2
Publisher: Tanglewood Press
Publication Date: October 8, 2012



Synopsis: It’s been over six months since the eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano. Alex and Darla have been staying with Alex’s relatives, trying to cope with the new reality of the primitive world so vividly portrayed in Ashfall, the first book in this series. It’s also been six months of waiting for Alex’s parents to return from Iowa. Alex and Darla decide they can wait no longer and must retrace their journey into Iowa to find and bring back Alex’s parents to the tenuous safety of Illinois. But the landscape they cross is even more perilous than before, with life-and-death battles for food and power between the remaining communities. When the unthinkable happens, Alex must find new reserves of strength and determination to survive.
Why am I waiting?

I loved Ashfall the first book in the series. I like the super-volcano element of the story. I really just like everything about Ashfall. I read the first two chapters of Ashen Winter this weekend during the YA Scavenger Hunt. I really think that just from the first two chapters, Ashen Winter is going to be even more awesome than Ashfall

Have you read Ashfall?
Are you excited for Ashen Winter?

What are you waiting on this week?
Leave me a link, so I can see what you are waiting on!

Thank you for stopping by Unabridged Bookshelf!

6 comments:

Patricia said...

Oh, isn't that available on NetGalley now? I think I've seen it! Anyway, great pick! :)

Patricia // My WOW

Unknown said...

Great pick! I still haven't read Ashfall, but hear it's great. Thsnks for sharing!

Kristin A. said...

I need to read Ashfall, so I can read this. Great Pick! Thanks for sharing.

My WoW@Blood,Sweatandbooks!

Pocketful of Books said...

This series is on my TBR list...which is growing at an alarming rate! Will try and get round to them as they look great!

My WOW: http://pocketfulofbooksblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Unknown said...

Beautiful Cover! I'll have to look into this one! Looks and sounds good! Thanks for sharing!


You can find my WoW Here

Reve @ YA Books said...

Ahhh, I just got this on NG! So excited to read this as well. Great pick!

Following you :).

My WoW @ YA Books

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate every comment, so thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made my day :)