Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cover Battle: New vs Old

It that time again, when we pit covers for the same book against themselves to see who comes out the reigning victor. 
This week we have two books that have had their covers re-designed.
For fun, there is a survey at the bottom to pick your choices, and next week I will reveal the winners of the Cover Battle!

First up we have Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama
Monstrous Beauty
OLD                     VS                    NEW

Next up is Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick
Ashes (Ashes Trilogy, #1)Ashes
OLD                     VS                    NEW



Thank you for stopping by Unabridged Bookshelf!!

2 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

While I vastly prefer the overall design of the old Monstrous Beauty cover, I find the expression on the model's face far too sulky. =/

The new cover of Ashes is my favourite out of all four. It looks so modern and slick--and will be wonderfully retro in about two decades. ;-)

SF said...

My only problem with the new Ashes cover is that I tried to read the title upside-down for a couple seconds. I guess part of that could be that I'm squinting with my face three inches away from the computer screen because I can't find my glasses lol...

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate every comment, so thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made my day :)