Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Undead



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we cannot wait to get our hands on.
I am waiting on:


Title: Undead
Author: Kirsty McKay
Series: Undead #1
Publisher: Scholastic
Expected Publication: September 1, 2012

Out of sight, out of their minds: It's a school-trip splatter fest and completely not cool when the other kids in her class go all braindead on new girl Bobby.
The day of the ski trip, when the bus comes to a stop at a roadside restaurant, everyone gets off and heads in for lunch. Everyone, that is, except Bobby, the new girl, who stays behind with rebel-without-a-clue Smitty.
Then hours pass. Snow piles up. Sun goes down. Bobby and Smitty start to flirt. Start to stress. Till finally they see the other kids stumbling back.
But they've changed. And not in a good way. Straight up, they're zombies. So the wheels on the bus better go round and round freakin' fast, because that's the only thing keeping Bobby and Smitty from becoming their classmates' next meal. It's kill or be killed in these hunger games, heads are gonna roll, and homework is most definitely gonna be late.
Combining the chill of THE SHINING, the thrill ride of SPEED, the humor of SHAUN OF THE DEAD, and the angst of THE BREAKFAST CLUB, Kirsty McKay's UNDEAD is a bloody mad mash-up, a school-trip splatter-fest, a funny, gory, frighteningly good debut!(From Goodreads)

Why am I waiting?
Zombies of course, and the cover with the cheerleader and the bloody ax. 
I am going through zombie withdrawals right now, especially since I have to wait until October for the Walking Dead to come back. This sounds like this book is right up my alley, and I cannot wait to enjoy. 

What are you waiting on?
Make sure to leave me a link!
And as always
Thank you for stopping by Unabridged Bookshelf!

12 comments:

Obsession with Books said...

I haven't heard of this book before now but it sounds great! thank-you for sharing.

My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-23rd-may.html

Unknown said...

This looks awesome! Great pick! I LOVE A GOOD ZOMBIE READ TOO!
Here's my WOW
:)

aparajita said...

haven't heard of this but this sounds AWESOME...

My WoW

Ashley said...

Interesting one! Sounds pretty cool! The cover kind of makes me laugh in the way that it's "playfully" gory.

My Waiting on Wednesday is about zombies too!

Cathy De Los Santos said...

Love the cover, I haven't heard of this one but looks like a good one. Thanks for sharing. Here's my WoW

fakesteph said...

This one looks like it will be funny. And hopefully scary at the same time.

City Girl Who Loves to Read said...

Enjoy! your pick.

http://citygirlwholovestoread.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Anonymous said...

Sounds very exciting ! :D
I can't wait for it either.
I pretty sure I saw it on NetGalley ! :D
I hope you get to read it sooner than October :)

Lena said...

haha I got this on Netgalley, and i just mentioned this on my WoW haha. I think this will be a funny read.

My WoW is http://ilovebooksclub101.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-2-bea-style.html

Unknown said...

Nice pick! I'm not a big fan of zombies, but this looks fun. I love the cover! Thanks for sharing!

Dani @ Refracted Light said...

Zombies, cheerleaders and a class trip? I think I must add this one to the 'ole TBR. Seriously, how awesome is that cover? I hadn't heard of this one before so thanks for the heads up! :)

Unabridged Bookshelf said...

Thank you to everyone, who stop by and commented! :)

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate every comment, so thank you for taking the time to comment. You just made my day :)